All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on large experimental data, the book investigates the affective conditions of second national language (SNL) learning in the schools of two bilingual countries, Belgium and Finland. The settings studied are similar to intergroup situations within many countries, and between neighbouring countries, in Europe and elsewhere. The central problems are, how do the youth's perceived ethlinguistic identity, tions of themselves as SNL learners, together with their perceptions of their own group's and the outgroup's vitality, and their attitudes towards outgroup members and intergroup relations, affect their motivation to learn the other group's language? At issue, then, are SNL learners' language attitudes, their interplay and influence on readiness for intergroup communication.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Eero J. Laine is Associate Professor of Language Pedagogy at the University of Jyvaeskylae, Finland. A long-time foreign language teacher and teacher educator, he has conducted extensive research into the affective domain of formal language learning. The results of his work have been published in numerous articles and monographs.
- Author(s)Eero J. Laine
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/12/1994
- Series TitleScandinavian University Studies in the Humanities & Social Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 8
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note13 fig., num. tab.
- Weight240 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.