All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis best practice guide to teaching in the Further Education and Skills sector, and professional organisational learning contexts, examines the key concepts underpinning effective teaching and learning and combines this with case studies which demonstrate meaningful connections between theory and practice. Each chapter also contains discussion questions, learning activities and reflective points, allowing you to further engage with key research and relate it to your own teaching. Offering pragmatic advice on learning design, support and delivery, coverage includes: identifying learning needs and objectives; selecting and developing appropriate content; using techlogy to enhance learning and assessment, evaluation and reflection. This is an indispensable resource for anyone preparing to teach in Further Education, current Higher Education lecturers and work-based learning trainers in private and public-sector organisations. Lyn Ashmore is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Education and Professional Development and Denise Robinson is Director of the Post Compulsory Education & Training Consortium, both are based at the University of Huddersfield.
- Author BiographyDr Lyn Ashmore is a Senior Lecturer and teacher educator at the University of Huddersfield and is course leader for the MA in Learning and Development Management. She has a broad range of experience in human resources and learning and development and has provided consultancy services in staff development and facilitated integration of cultural understanding and improved performance in a number of organisations. Lyn has worked extensively to develop and promote learning and development for socially excluded communities, focusing on empowerment and access in both an educational and employment context. She has a great passion for equality of opportunities and access to higher education and widening participation and strives to enable students from disadvantaged communities to become confident in challenging and confronting some of the myths that surround high education. Lyn has co-authored a book on The reflective practitioner in professional education and has also co-written a chapter in J. Avis, R. Fisher and R. Thompson, Teaching in Lifelong Learning: a guide to theory and practice. Her research interests are learning and development, reflective practice, personal and professional development, strategies for developing staff within organizations and methods for evaluating learning strategies. She is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management. Dr Denise Robinson is the Director of the Post Compulsory Education and Training Consortium FE teacher education partnership and Huddersfield University Distributed Centre for Excellence in Teacher Training (HUDCETT). She works with the 23 partner colleges who deliver the University of Huddersfield's Certificate in Education and Post Graduate teacher education courses for the FE and skills sector. Denise worked in FE for 25 years before moving into higher education to focus on FE teacher education. Previously, Denise taught on a variety of courses including Access, Women's Taster, A levels, Technician and open learning courses. In her present role she initiates and develops activities to support the education and training of teachers in the sector, as well as the teacher educators themselves. Denise is the editor of the Journal, Teaching in Lifelong Learning (http://consortium.hud.ac.uk/journal/). She is also on the editorial board of Research in Post Compulsory Education Journal. Denise has co-written a number of chapters in J. Avis, R. Fisher and R. Thompson, Teaching in Lifelong Learning: a guide to theory and practice as well as co-authoring the chapter Professional and Personal Development in FDTL Voices: Drawing from Learning and Teaching Projects. Denise has worked for LLUK and Ofsted; she is a National Teaching Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight640 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDenise Robinson,Lyn Ashmore
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.