All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $37.67Free postage
- AU $38.98Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionA practical guide to deeper instruction a framework for challenging, engaging, and empowering students of all ages For schools to meet ambitious new standards and prepare all students for college, careers, and life, research has shown unequivocally that thing is more important that the quality of daily instruction. Learning That Lasts presents a new vision for classroom instruction that sharpens and deepens the quality of lessons in all subject areas. It is the opposite of a 'teacher-proof' solution. Instead, it is predicated on a model of instruction that hors teachers as creative and expert planners of learning experiences for their students and who wish to continuously grow in their instructional and content kwledge. It is t a theoretical vision. It is a model of instruction refined in some of the nation's most successful public schools schools that are beating the odds to create remarkable achievement sited primarily in urban and rural low-income communities. Using case studies and examples of powerful learning at all grade levels and in all disciplines, Learning That Lasts is a guide to creating classrooms that promote deeper understanding, higher order thinking, and student independence. Through text and companion videos, readers will enter inspiring classrooms where students go beyond basics to become invators, collaborators, and creators. Learning That Lasts embraces a three-dimensional view of student achievement that includes mastery of kwledge and skills, character, and high-quality work. It is a guide for teachers who wish to make learning more meaningful, memorable, and connected to life, and inspire students to do more than they think possible.
- Author BiographyRON BERGER is Chief Academic Officer for EL Education. He taught public school for more than twenty-five years. He is coauthor of Leaders of Their Own Learning and Transformational Literacy. LIBBY WOODFIN is the director of publications for EL Education. She is coauthor of Leaders of Their Own Learning and Transformational Literacy. ANNE VILEN is a staff writer and school designer for EL Education. She is coauthor of Transformational Literacy: Making the Common Core Shift with Work That Matters.
- Author(s)Anne Vilen,Libby Woodfin,Ron Berger
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication18/03/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight706 g
- Width186 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byJal Mehta
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.