All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $52.63Free postage
- AU $58.19Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis fully-updated second edition of Learning Through Child Observation is a handbook for professionals working in, or students preparing to work in, children's services. This accessible text examines the value of observation, its use in assessment and the practical aspects and methods of observational study. The author focuses on the importance of fully recognising the child's developmental and emotional state when intervening, and the need to see children 'holistically' and as unique individuals within the wider context of the family and community. New chapters include Views of Children and Childhood, which draws on European educational and sociological perspectives and highlights the contrasting views of children, and The 'Hundred Languages of Children', which considers the place of creative engagement and multiple forms of expression by children. With new material and updated chapters, this second edition of a popular text will appeal to students and professionals in all children's services, whether in pre-school, schools, social care, mental health or health settings.
- Author BiographyMary Fawcett is an early years consultant and also an evaluator for 5x5x5=creativity, an arts-based research organisation focusing on the creative values, environments and relationships that support the expression of children's feelings, thoughts and ideas. She was formerly a social work lecturer and Director of Early Childhood Studies at the University of Bristol.
- Author(s)Mary Fawcett
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Out-of-print date26/04/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.