All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA standard practical tutorial running people through Windows 8 RT with a specific focus on game development is the approach chosen here. This type of approach will more likely appeal to an audience that is in need of a structured guide that they can emulate and learn from, unlike the usual reference text available in the market. Learning Windows 8 Game Development is for any developer looking to branch out and make some games. It's assumed that you will have an understanding of C++ and programming. If you want to program a game, this book is for you, as it will provide a great overview of Direct3D and Windows 8 game development and will kick-start your journey into 3D development.
- Author BiographyMichael Quandt has been working with games, from XNA to DirectX to Unity, as a hobbyist and professional for four years. He has spoken at local game development conferences and workshops while working with Microsoft Australia as a Technical Evangelist. Since then he has contributed to the translation of multiple major franchise games to the Windows Store platform, and continues to work with local developers and students to get them involved in game development and bringing their best to the Windows platform.
- Author(s)Michael Quandt
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- SubjectComputer Games: Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight427 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.