Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionThe learning and development (L&D) needs of the healthcare industry are dramatically different from those of other businesses, making for unique challenges for the talent development field. Patients are t customers, for example, and healthcare's learning audience is extremely segmented. Additional hurdles to designing and delivering training include the changing dynamics of healthcare-for example, new regulations and the increasing number of individuals accessing healthcare services and its payment structure. This issue of TD at Work will explain how:* learning needs in the healthcare field differ from other professions* the ADDIE model can be modified for the healthcare sector to align training with current reporting requirements* to choose the correct tools to evaluate the effectiveness of L&D programs. Learning and Development in Healthcare includes two job aids: a training project planning tool and a Kirkpatrick program impact rating tool.
- Author BiographyBruno Neal is a scholar and a learning and development authority. He has written dozens of articles on learning and development, two Infoline(TM) issues on Informal Learning and Quality in Learning and Development, and one TD at Work(TM) on Learning and Development in Healthcare. He is a Certified Professional of Learning and Performance (CPLP), and currently works as an L&D leader for Indiana University Health, USA. He has been appointed to the 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 Board of Examiners for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, a judge of the 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award, and Chair of the award committee since 2014. Neal was awarded with the highly esteemed American Society of Training & Development BEST Award in 2009, and part of the team awarded with the same achievement in 2011. He also was awarded with the Champion of Learning Award Certification for his contribution to learning and professional development in 2011. In 2015, Neal received the Global Training & Development Leadership Award at the World Training & Development Congress in Mumbai (India) for his contributions to the international learning and development community. Neal also serves as contributor for ATD's T+D Magazine. In addition, he has spoken at ATD International Conference & Exposition, local chapters of ATD across the United States, Cancer Treatment of America, Training Magazine conference, the Training and Education chapter of the National Association of Electric Distributors (NAED), Medical Users Software Exchange (MUSE), and ATD's Learn from the BEST conferences. Linda Hainlen is a Kirkpatrick Certified Facilitator and the Director of Business Development at Sedona Learning Solutions. Linda has over 20 years of proven experience as a training manager-including real world experience applying the Kirkpatrick principles. Linda is an engaging facilitator who authentically connects with audiences by bringing concepts to life through sharing her own experiences from working in a highly regulated industry. Under Linda's leadership, her division was awarded the highly prestigious ASTD Best award in 2011. Linda has been published several times including a white paper co-written with Jim Kirkpatrick on the topic of healthcare. She has spoken at several international conferences and worked with companies from around the world to improve their effectiveness and achieve measurable outcomes. Industries served include higher education, corporate learning, nuclear, and healthcare.
- Author(s)Bruno Neal,Linda Hainlen
- PublisherAmerican Society for Training & Development
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTD at Work (Formerly Infoline)
- Place of PublicationEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintASTD Press
- Weight86 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.