All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearning by Expanding challenges traditional theories that consider learning a process of acquisition and reorganization of cognitive structures within the closed boundaries of specific tasks or problems. Yrjo Engestrom argues that this type of learning increasingly fails to meet the challenges of complex social change and fails to create vel artifacts and ways of life. In response, he presents an invative theory of expansive learning activity, offering a foundation for understanding and designing learning as a transformation of human activities and organizations. The second edition of this seminal text features a substantive new introduction that illustrates the development and implementation of Engestrom's theory since its inception.
- Author BiographyYrjo Engestrom is Professor of Adult Education and the director of the Center for Research on Activity, Development and Learning (CRADLE) at the University of Helsinki. He is also Professor Emeritus of Communication at the University of California, San Diego. His most recent book is From Teams to Knots: Activity-Theoretical Studies of Collaboration and Learning at Work (2008).
- Author(s)Yrjo Engestrom
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note28 b/w illus. 12 tables
- Weight670 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.