Learning iOS Development: A Hands-on Guide to the Fundamentals of iOS Programming by Maurice Sharp, Erica Sadun, Rod Strougo (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.78+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCovers iOS 7 and Xcode 5 Learning iOS Developmentis the perfect first book for every new iOS 7 developer. It delivers a complete foundation for iOS development, including an introduction to the Objective-C language, Xcode development tools, best-practice user interface development, and best practices for all aspects of app development and deployment. Throughout Learning iOS Development, you explore the iOS development process as you create and expand a handy car valet app. The hands-on projects enable you to create meaningful code as soon as possible, building confidence and mastery. The antated code listings work with all the latest iOS techlogy, so you'll be ready to jump into this exciting development field. With Learning iOS Development, it's easy to learn at your own pace, on your own--or to deepen the kwledge you may be gaining in a classroom or workplace. Coverage includes * Installing all the tools, programs, and devices you need to create iOS apps* Building your first app and mastering the essentials of Objective-C* Making the most effective use of device memory* Storyboarding your interface and connecting it to your underlying code* Using Auto Layout to support devices with different sizes and orientations* Managing app data with Core Data* Creating sophisticated custom gestures* Deploying your app through Apple's App Store* Quickly localizing your app for multiple languages and countries* Implementing scrolling, navigation, table views, and other core iOS features* Mastering advanced table views and navigation, including iPad split views* Passing code encapsulated in blocks for communicating between parts of your app and with the system* Tuning and debugging your apps for the best performance and quality * Discovering great resources to take your next steps as an iOS developer
- Author BiographyMaurice Sharp is a 21-year veteran of mobile development at companies both large and small, ranging from Apple, Palm, and eBay to ShopWell and Couchsurfing. Maurice got his start as an intern developing the Newton ToolKit prototype, then as a Developer Technical Support (DTS) Engineer helping make the world safe and fun for Newton and Palm developers. After mastering the DTS side, he went back to coding, and he currently manages and does mobile development at Couchsurfing; runs his own consulting company, KLM Apps; and is ex officio technical advisor to some mobile-focused startups. When not living and breathing code, Maurice spends his time being a husband, and a father to a precocious 10-year-old girl-his two most important roles. Erica Sadun is a bestselling author, coauthor, and contributor to several dozen books on programming, digital video and photography, and web design, including the widely popular The Core iOS 6 Developer's Cookbook, now in its fourth edition. She currently blogs at TUAW.com, and she has blogged in the past at O'Reilly's Mac Devcenter, Lifehacker, and Ars Technica. In addition to being the author of dozens of iOS-native applications, Erica holds a Ph.D. in computer science from Georgia Tech's Graphics, Visualization and Usability Center. A geek, a programmer, and an author, she's never met a gadget she didn't love. When not writing, she and her geek husband parent three geeks-in-training, who regard their parents with restrained bemusement when they're not busy rewiring the house or plotting global domination. Rod Strougo is an author, instructor, and developer. Rod's journey in iOS and game development started way back with an Apple, writing games in Basic. From his early passion for games, Rod's career moved to enterprise software development, and he spent 15 years writing software for IBM and AT&T. These days Rod follows his passion for game development and teaching, providing iOS training at the Big Nerd Ranch (www.bignerdranch.com). Originally from Rio de Janeiro, Rod now lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with his wife and sons.
- Author(s)Erica Sadun,Maurice Sharp,Rod Strougo
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication13/11/2013
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Out-of-print date09/02/2016
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight885 g
- Width180 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.