All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique and fascinating book is written for tertiary level students in the multicultural classroom, whether studying abroad or at home alongside international students. It relates a genuine understanding of the student perspective of learning in a multicultural classroom, highlighting how students possess different learning styles and attitudes to teaching and learning and demonstrating that students t only face language issues, but also numerous other unanticipated challenges. The contributors present both theoretical and practical examples of various teaching and learning strategies that international students will encounter, and reveal how to maximise the benefit of these different approaches. They provide invaluable guidance on how to overcome many of the often-unexpected factors that arise when students are faced by a different cultural environment or people who have different cultural expectations and behaviour patterns. Students arrive in the tertiary classroom with a set of behaviours, characteristics and expectations derived from the educational practices of their home-country communities. With these in mind, the book asserts the importance of the student considering what they hope to learn, why they chose the particular institution enrolled with, and whether they will use their newly acquired skills in their own country, the country in which they are studying or somewhere else entirely. It illustrates that understanding exactly what a student wishes to achieve can greatly help to get the best out of the international experience both inside and outside of the classroom. This highly original and insightful book will prove invaluable to all tertiary level students seeking practical guidance on how to be successful in the global, intercultural classroom.
- Author BiographyCarol Dalglish, Associate Professor, School of Management, Queensland University of Technology, Australia, Peter Evans, Principal, Leadership Education Australia and Lynda Lawson, The University of Queensland Australia, Australia
- Author(s)Carol Dalglish,Lynda Lawson,Peter Evans
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.