All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis book highlights the issues of access, learning careers and identities in a diverse range of educational settings with diverse groups of adult students across Europe. Much of the work in this book illuminates these issues through the voices of adult students and adult educators and illustrates the rich variety of practice and context of adult education in Europe. It draws on the work of scholars from across Europe within the framework of the European Society for Research on the Education of Adults (ESREA). The chapters include examples and discussions of access, learning careers and identity in the context of higher and further education, the workplace, and prisons. The reader will see how structure and agency interplays and interacts in developing, or t, the learning careers and identities of adult students and adult educators. The book will appeal to researchers and educators in adult education, other professionals in associated fields and policy makers.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Barbara Merrill is a reader in Lifelong learning in the Centre for Lifelong Learning, University of Warwick (UK). Her research interests are access and experiences of adult students, gender, class and adult education, learning careers and identities, citizenship and community learning and biographical methods. She co-ordinates the ESREA Access, Learning Careers and Identities Network and is a member of the ESREA Steering Committee.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleEuropean Studies in Lifelong Learning and Adult Learning Research
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Notegraphs
- Weight330 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byBarbara Merrill
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.