All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for previous editions:- 'A wealth of theory, research, practical advice, case studies and tasks in one volume...Indispensable for both HEI tutors and mentors, and an important book to recommend to all MFL students.' - Language Learning Journal 'Presenting clear, straightforward, factual information on all current issues facing MFL student teachers ...An excellent reference guide during the first years of teaching.' - Mentoring and Tutoring Learning to Teach Foreign Languages in the Secondary School has established itself as the leading textbook for student teachers of foreign languages in the UK and internationally. The practical focus is underpinned by a theoretical perspective and backed up by the latest research, encouraging you to develop a personal approach to foreign language teaching. This new, fourth edition, has been comprehensively updated to take account of recent policy and curriculum changes, and w covers a range of relevant statutory frameworks. Fully revised chapters cover the key kwledge and skills essential for becoming a foreign language teacher: * What can we learn from research into language teaching and learning? * Teaching methods and learning strategies * Creating a meaningful learning environment * Transition from Primary to Secondary * The role of digital techlogies * Teaching in the target language * Receptive skills and productive skills * Teaching and learning grammar * Planning and reflecting on classroom practice * Pupil differences and differentiation * Assessment for and of learning It includes many examples of how to analyse practice to ensure pupil learning is maximised, together with activities and tasks to support you as you analyse your own learning and performance. Learning to Teach Foreign Languages in the Secondary School provides practical help and support for many of the situations and potential challenges you are faced with in school. It is an essential purchase for every aspiring secondary foreign languages school teacher.
- Author BiographyNorbert Pachler is Professor of Education at the Institute of Education, University of London. Michael Evans is Reader in Education at the University of Cambridge. Ana Redondo is Senior Lecturer in Education and Subject Leader of a Secondary PGCE Modern Languages at the University of Bedfordshire. Linda Fisher is Senior Lecturer in Education at the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge.
- Author(s)Ana Redondo,Linda Fisher,Michael Evans,Norbert Pachler
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLearning to Teach Subjects in the Secondary School Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight727 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.