All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeaves carry out a vital job for all flowering plants, they enable plants to make food. This book provides readers with a complete and comprehensive understanding of the role of leaves, their structure and how they are brilliantly designed to do this job. Clear diagrams, engaging text, and stunning photographs are used to explain what leaves are for, photosynthesis and how leaves work, the role they play in the movement of water around the plant, how shapes and styles of leaves vary, and why leaves are so important to us. A wide range of examples present readers with leaves they will be familiar with plus spectacular and unusual examples from around the world. These demonstrate what leaves have in common and some incredible adaptations that allow plants to survive in different conditions and habitats. Two simple experiments help stimulate thought, reinforce learning, and bring the concepts to life.
- Author BiographyMelanie Waldron worked in children's publishing for many years before becoming a full-time author. She has written many non-fiction books for young people and specializes in science and geography topics.
- Author(s)Melanie Waldron
- PublisherCapstone Global Library Ltd
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Maths, Science & Technical
- Series TitleRaintree Perspectives: Plant Parts
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations (colour)
- Width195 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)HL Studios
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.