All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout his life, Walt Whitman continually revised and re-released Leaves of Grass. He added and deleted words, emended lines, divided poems, dropped and created titles, and shifted the order of poems. Leaves of Grass: A Textual Variorum of the Printed Poems includes all the variants that Whitman ever published, from the collection's first appearance in 1855 through the posthumous Old Age Echoes annex printed in 1897. Each edition was unique, with its own character and emphasis, and the Textual Variorum enables scholars to follow the development of both the individual poems and the work as a whole. Volume I contains introductory material, including a chrology of the poems and a summary of all the editions and annexes, along with the poems from 1855 and 1856. Volume II includes the poems from 1860 through 1867, including the first appearance of When Lilacs Last in the Door-Yard Bloom'd and O Captain! my Captain! Volume III features the poems 1870-1891, plus the Old Ages Annex and an index to the three-volume set.
- Author BiographySculley Bradley was Vice-Chancellor of the University of Pennsylvania. Harold W. Blodgett was Professor of English at Union College. Arthur Golden was Professor of English at City College at the City Univers Arthur Golden was Professor of English at City College at the City University of New York. William White was Professor and Director of the Journalism Program at Oakland University.
- Author(s)Walt Whitman
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleThe Collected Writings of Walt Whitman
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight621 g
- Width4522 mm
- Height6452 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byArthur Golden,Harold William Blodgett,Sculley Bradley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.