All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMake your foray into successive approximations successful and as easy as possible.In the 2012 bestseller, Leaving ADDIE for SAM, learning professionals were introduced to the Successive Approximation Model (SAM) and the Savvy Start-the key to a successful project kick-off. Together, these concepts incorporate contemporary Agile processes that simplify design and development, yielding more energetic and effective learning experiences. This companion Field Guide provides the job aids, tools, and templates you need to put the SAM methodology in motion and take your ISD practice to new heights. Complete with a foreword by Michael Allen, this book is an essential resource to create better, faster training products and move the needle on current training efforts.In this book, you will:* Apply the principles and concepts behind Leaving ADDIE for SAM.* Update your training products with these contemporary, Agile design processes.* Use the job aids, tools, and templates provided to work on actual projects.
- Author BiographyDr. Richard Sites' daily work focuses on empowering the team of professionals at Allen Interactions to create the highest quality learning experiences possible. In addition to his leadership role in the company, Richard actively promotes our brand values of engaging learning experiences, performance focused training and executing an iterative design and development process.Since joining Allen Interactions in 2005, Richard has been actively engaged in the design, development and implementation of e-Learning projects for a range of clients from large corporations to small companies. He has worked with national and regional companies, such as Hilton Worldwide, Bloomberg, Nikon, AutoNation, Charles Schwab, Apple, American Express and GE to support their learning and instructional development projects. Under his leadership, the work of the Tampa studio has earned Brandon Hall Awards, International Davey Awards, Summit Creative awards, Horizon Awards and American Business Award finalist.Working alongside Dr. Michael Allen, Allen Interactions' founder, Richard has co-authored the best-selling Leaving ADDIE for SAM, published by ASTD Press in September 2012. He has also supported the writing of three other books, the design of ASTD's Advanced e-Learning Certification course, spoken at various international, national and regional conferences and contributes to the company's marketing messaging. Richard takes a lead role in promoting the company's instructional philosophy and vision.Dr. Sites travels the country speaking to groups and organizations on the value of SAM (Successive Approximation Model), the importance and power of engaging, performance-changing learning experiences and other topics related to the design and development of high-quality training.Before joining Allen Interactions, Richard held a faculty position and served as the Director of the Educator Performance Institute at the University of West Florida. Richard was the lead designer of a nationally marketed web-based training system to support educators with the design of standards-based instruction.Richard earned a Doctorate of Education in Curriculum & Instruction, specializing in Instructional Technology, from the University of West Florida. His doctoral research focused on the design of a model for scaffolding in a web-based performance support system. Richard also earned a Masters of Education and a Bachelors of Business Administration. Angel Green is a senior instructional strategist for Allen Interactions' Tampa studio, where she is responsible for providing consultation and instructional design expertise to clients, partnering to build engaging, interactive learning experiences. Angel has worked for organizations such as IBM, MetLife, and Pricewaterhouse Coopers, and holds both MS and BS degrees from Florida State University. An accomplished speaker, Angel has held positions as an adjunct instructor of public speaking and is past president of a Toastmasters International Chapter. She is also a frequent blogger on Allen Interactions' e-Learning Leadership and Iterations Blogs.
- Author(s)Angel Green,Richard Sites
- PublisherAmerican Society for Training & Development
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintASTD Press
- Weight299 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $20.09Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.