Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description#1NEW YORK TIMESBESTSELLER Throughout her blockbuster career, Jodi Picoult has seamlessly blended nuanced characters, riveting plots, and rich prose, brilliantly creating stories that t only provoke the mind but touch the flawed souls in all of us (The Boston Globe). Now, in her highly anticipated new vel, she has delivered her most affecting work yet a book unlike anything she s written before. For more than a decade, Jenna Metcalf has never stopped thinking about her mother, Alice, who mysteriously disappeared in the wake of a tragic accident. Refusing to believe she was abandoned, Jenna searches for her mother regularly online and pores over the pages of Alice s old journals. A scientist who studied grief among elephants, Alice wrote mostly of her research among the animals she loved, yet Jenna hopes the entries will provide a clue to her mother s whereabouts. Desperate to find the truth, Jenna enlists two unlikely allies in her quest: Serenity Jones, a psychic who rose to fame finding missing persons, only to later doubt her gifts, and Virgil Stanhope, the jaded private detective who d originally investigated Alice s case along with the strange, possibly linked death of one of her colleagues. As the three work together to uncover what happened to Alice, they realize that in asking hard questions, they ll have to face even harder answers. As Jenna s memories dovetail with the events in her mother s journals, the story races to a mesmerizing finish. A deeply moving, gripping, and intelligent page-turner, Leaving Time is Jodi Picoult at the height of her powers. Praise for Leaving Time Piercing and uplifting . . . a smart, accessible yarn with a suspenseful puzzle at its core. The Boston Globe Poignant . . . an entertaining tale about parental love, friendship, loss. The Washington Post A riveting drama. Us Weekly [A] moving tale. People A fast-paced, surprise-ending mystery. USA Today In Jenna, [Jodi] Picoult has created an unforgettable character who will easily endear herself to each and every reader. . . . Leaving Time may be her finest work yet. Bookreporter [A] captivating and emotional story. BookPage With plenty of twists and a surprising ending, [Leaving Time] explores the grieving process and what happens when we cant move on. Woman s Day A moving and emotional story. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette A truly engaging read . . . Full of the deep characters and multilayered story lines that have earned [Picoult] a spot in many readers hearts. Library Journal Delivers a powerhouse ending. Booklist Memorable and poignant. Publishers Weekly
- Author BiographyJodi Picoult is the author of twenty-two novels, including the #1 New York Times bestsellers The Storyteller, Lone Wolf, Between the Lines, Sing You Home, House Rules, Handle with Care, Change of Heart, Nineteen Minutes, and My Sister s Keeper. She lives in New Hampshire with her husband and three children.
- Author(s)Jodi Picoult
- PublisherBallantine Books
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books
- Weight658 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.