All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA bold new short story collection from one of the most exhilarating and invative writers of our time. The stories in Leaving the Sea take place in a world which is a distortion of our own, where strange illnesses strike at random and where people disappear without a trace. Ben Marcus has created a labyrinth populated by disturbed, weary men; from the frustrated creative writing teacher to the advocate of self-inhumation; from Paul, whose return home leads him further into his isolation, or Mather, whose child is sick, to an unnamed narrator who spends his lonely evenings calculating the probabilities of his mother's imminent demise. Dark, funny and utterly unique, Leaving the Sea showcases a writer at the height of his powers.
- Author BiographyBEN MARCUS is the author of The Age of Wire and String, Notable American Women, The Father Costume, The Flame Alphabet and Leaving the Sea. His work has appeared in the New Yorker, the Paris Review, the New York Times, and McSweeney's. Marcus has received a Whiting Writers' Award, a Guggenheim Fellowship, and a Berlin Prize. He is a professor at Columbia University in New York.
- PrizesShortlisted for Frank O'Connor International Short Story Award 2014.
- Author(s)Ben Marcus
- PublisherGranta Books
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGranta Books
- Out-of-print date25/07/2015
- Weight457 g
- Width161 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.84Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.