All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its 3rd edition, Lecture Notes: Obstetrics and Gynaecology has been extensively revised and updated to provide a concise and practical introduction to obstetrics and gynaecology for medical students and junior doctors. Starting with a section on basic science, the text is divided into six sections that explain female health needs and their management from the early years to old age. The self-assessment section is w a separate chapter, and includes Extended Matching Questions (EMQs), scenarios for practical history taking for the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Part 1 looks at female reproductive anatomy and physiology. Part 2 covers the puberty and menstrual problems of young women, sub-fertility, pregnancy prevention, and sexual problems. Part 3 examines the reproductive years including pregnancy and childbirth. Part 4 covers the mature woman including menstrual problems of the older woman and pelvic pain. Part 5 discusses the older woman including the mepause, incontinence and malignancy including breast cancer. Part 6 demonstrates the importance of public health statistics on the provision of services in obstetrics and gynaecology. Now in two-colour throughout, with a new colour plate section, Lecture Notes: Obstetrics and Gynaecology covers the core material needed for O&G courses, written specifically for medical students, nursing students, junior doctors on the Foundation Programme and the first two years of specialist training, midwives, and GPs.
- Author BiographyDiana Hamilton-Fairley is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist and is Deputy Director of Medical Education at Guy's and St. Thomas' Hospital Trust.
- Author(s)Diana Hamilton-Fairley
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleLecture Notes
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Noteill
- Weight826 g
- Width173 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.