All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKahler geometry is a beautiful and intriguing area of mathematics, of substantial research interest to both mathematicians and physicists. This self-contained graduate text provides a concise and accessible introduction to the topic. The book begins with a review of basic differential geometry, before moving on to a description of complex manifolds and holomorphic vector bundles. Kahler manifolds are discussed from the point of view of Riemannian geometry, and Hodge and Dolbeault theories are outlined, together with a simple proof of the famous Kahler identities. The final part of the text studies several aspects of compact Kahler manifolds: the Calabi conjecture, Weitzenbock techniques, Calabi-Yau manifolds, and divisors. All sections of the book end with a series of exercises and students and researchers working in the fields of algebraic and differential geometry and theoretical physics will find that the book provides them with a sound understanding of this theory.
- Author BiographyAndrei Moroianu is a Researcher at CNRS and a Professor of Mathematics at Ecole Polytechnique.
- Author(s)Andrei Moroianu
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/03/2007
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLondon Mathematical Society Student Texts
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 69
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note131 exercises
- Weight300 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.