All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe year 2018 marks the 50th anniversary of Led Zeppelin's formation. From their first rehearsal in a small dingy space in Soho in 1968 until their last concert in 1980, the band conquered the world. Their gruelling concert work schedule captured young people's imagination around the globe. Unique inventiveness and originality guaranteed huge album sales and sold-out concerts. Robert Plant and Jimmy Page were the charismatic front men, backed by the superhuman rhythm section of John Bonham and John Paul Jones. Together they produced some truly timeless music, which continues to endure today. Their huge popularity, however, inevitably came at a cost when drugs and alcohol abuse in the last few years of the band's existence started to stifle their creative force, and the untimely death of drummer John Bonham signalled the end of the band. This day-by-day book details all of the concerts the band performed with set lists (where kwn) and includes reviews of several significant shows throughout their career. Recording sessions for each album and session work undertaken by individual members are listed in chrological order. The book also corrects previously undetected mistakes as well as providing new information. Quotes from recording engineers and studio staff help paint a true picture of what it was like being in the studio with the band.
- Author BiographyMARC ROBERTY (London, England) is an award-nominated author, music journalist, and music historian. His articles have been featured in Guitarist magazine, Rolling Stone, Best (France), Mojo, The Financial Times, The Independent, and Where's Eric (Official Eric Clapton fan magazine). He has also done film and audio research for the forthcoming Eric Clapton anthology film. He has written several books covering Clapton's musical life and co-authored Bobby Whitlock's autobiography.
- Author(s)Marc Roberty
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication18/08/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleDay-by-day
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBackbeat Books
- Content NoteBlack and white and colour images throughout
- Weight1315 g
- Width279 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.