All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this wide-ranging collection of essays, Richard Lederer offers readers more of the irrepressible wordplay and linguistic high jinks his fans can't get eugh of, along with observations on a life in letters. From an inner-city classroom to a wordy weekend retreat, from centuries-old etymological legacies to the latest in slang, dialects, and fadspeak, these essays transport, inform, and entertain as only Lederer can. The book includes more than 30 chapters, such as A Declaration of Linguistic Independence, Our Uppity English Language, Etymological Snapshots, and Jest for the Pun of It.
- Author BiographyRichard Lederer is a humorist whose syndicated column, Looking at Language, appears in newspapers across the country. He is the author of Anguished English, Get Thee to a Punnery, and A Man of My Words. He lives in San Diego.
- Author(s)Richard Lederer
- PublisherMarion Street Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- Place of PublicationOak Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarion Street Press Inc.
- Weight194 g
- Width139 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Dictionaries
- AU $44.97Trending at AU $50.66
- AU $50.02Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $33.72
- AU $35.15Trending at AU $35.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.