Legacy of Secrecy: The Long Shadow of the JFK Assassination by Lamar Waldron, Thom Hartmann (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe rifle fire in Dallas that killed John F. Kennedy didn't just start a frantic effort to find his assassins. It also launched a flurry of covert actions by officials like Robert F. Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, and Richard Helms to hide U.S. plans to invade Cuba with the secret help of Cuba's Army Commander, Juan Almeida. Cover-ups by top U.S. officials prevented a major international catastrophe but also prevented a full investigation of JFK's assassination, spawning a tragic legacy of secrecy. Extensively documented and based on exclusive interviews and newly declassified files from the National Archives, this update and expanded edition of Legacy of Secrecy details: The full story behind Mafia godfather Carlos Marcello's confession to JFK's murder, with new details appearing for the first time in this updated edition Each step taken by mob bosses Carlos Marcello, Santo Trafficante, and Johnny Roselli to hide the results that followed The secret attempts of Robert F. Kennedy and his aides to expose his brother's killers, continuing his war against the Mafia by focusing increased attention on the Mafia bosses behind JFK's assassination until RFK's own murder Legacy of Secrecy also includes new evidence about the assassination of Martin Luther King, exposing connections between James Earl Ray and Marcello, who brokered the hit for a Georgia white supremacist. Additionally, this trade paperback edition features fresh information about Robert Kennedy's murder, revealing the criminal ties of Sirhan and his two mob attorneys. The long shadow of secrecy surrounding both JFK's murder and the coup plan ultimately set the stage for the Watergate break-in. It drove Richard Nixon from office, triggered the murders of five Congressional witnesses, and continues to impact U.S.-Cuba relations today.
- Author BiographyLamar Waldron's historical research and nonfiction boos have won praise from Publishers Weekly, Vanity Fair, the Boston Globe, the San Francisco Chronicle, and major publications in Europe. Called the ultimate JFK historian by Variety, his groundbreaking research has been the subject of two primetime specials on the Discovery Channel, produced by NBC News. He has been featured on CNN, the History Channel, Geraldo Rivera, Fox News, and television specials in England, Germany, Japan, and Australia.
- Author(s)Lamar Waldron,Thom Hartmann
- Date of Publication31/10/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight899 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.