All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVeronica Fynn's Legal Discrepancies: Internal Displacement of Women and Children in Africa is t only timely (produced soon after African Union adopts its historical Convention on the Protection and Assistance of Internally Displaced Persons in Africa, 2009) but also long overdue. Legal Discrepancies: Internal Displacement of Women and Children in Africa offers the first comprehensive, holistic, and multi-disciplinary examination on the efficacy of international, regional and national laws and policies in protecting and assisting IDPs with emphasis on nine countries across the continent. Fynn's research provides a thought provoking framework for academics, lawyers, public health practitioners, aid workers, national governments, regional institutions and international organizations to rethink the legal space within which internally displaced persons lingers.
- Author BiographyMs Fynn holds a BSc (University of Ghana), BA (University of British Columbia), MPH (University of Nottingham), LLM (Osgoode Hall Law School), and is doing her PhD with focus on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence in Rural Post-War Liberia: (Inter)National Law. As an undergraduate student at UBC, she founded Africa Awareness, a student driven initiative, responsible for the establishment of the first interdisciplinary African Studies Program. Before law school she worked as a Program/Research Analyst with the BC Office to Combat Trafficking in Persons. She also worked with the Migration Health Department of the International Organization for Migration in Geneva where she developed information/policy document on Health Consequences of Human Trafficking. She has authored several books, book chapters and journal articles. Recently she was a visiting research scholar at Georgetown Law Center in Washington, DC and recipient of UBC Alumni Global Citizenship Award, 2010. In her spare time she blogs on the Rights of Women in War and Veronica Fynn's Official Blog. She also enjoys running and writing children's books.
- Author(s)Veronica Fynn
- Date of Publication18/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.