All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSooner or later, everyone will need a lawyer. When that time comes, this book will become the best investment you've ever made! It's a certainty that someday in the lives of us all, we'll have the need for legal services. My guidebook provides the reader with the practical information they should have when that day arrives. The concept is that the average person has been kept in the dark far too long about the truth of how lawyers operate and interact with clients and those in search of an attorney. There is a shroud of mystery surrounding lawyers that fosters misinformation, prejudice, distrust and confusion. The aim of this book is to penetrate this shroud and solve the mystery. To accomplish this purpose, I inform, educate and illustrate what clients need to kw. Armed with new found kwledge and awareness, the layperson will be able to approach the attorney/client relationship with confidence rather than distrust and apprehension. This, in turn, will empower them to challenge the lawyer in ways that will save money, time and disappointment. Clients have been exploited by lawyers in a multitude of ways that have come to be accepted as the rm. It is my mission to expose the imbalance in the attorney/client relationship. I suggest ways and means for the client to assert his rights and restore equilibrium to the relationship. A secondary theme of this book is to expose the under-belly of the legal profession and the culture of greed that has come to identify lawyers. What started with the exorbitant fees of big law firms has spilled over to smaller firms as well as sole practitioners. Attorney fees have increased to the point where they bear reasonable relationship to the value of the service performed. This abuse is kwn and tolerated by the organized bar.
- Author BiographyThe author, Tom Twyford, holds two degrees from The Ohio State University. He served as an army officer with four years of active duty as a troop commander and counsel for Special Courts Martial proceedings. His law degree launched him on the path of a forty-five year career in the private practice. The thrust of his practice was in the areas of domestic relations, criminal, and personal injury. He also had a limited exposure to a wide cross-section of other specialties. The clientele Mr. Twyford served was largely made up of the poor and working class people in need of legal services. Five decades in the trenches, representing thousands of clients has made him a battle-hardened veteran lawyer with the knowledge and insight to write this book. Over these years of public exposure in the courts he has become a skilled public speaker and storyteller. This is evidenced by a memoir he wrote after his retirement in 2007. The memoir is entitled The Son of a Boilermaker and was published in December 2009. It is a humor driven account of growing up during the 1940s and 1950s in the hard-scrabble steel town of Steubenville, Ohio. The story is about a time and place that describes the last gasp of innocence to be visited upon the American scene. Legal Ease, Your Essential Guide To Lawyers Shysters And Ambulance Chasers has a much wider general appeal than a non-celebrity memoir. At the same time it gives the author an opportunity to demonstrate his strong feeling and passion for the subject matter.
- Author(s)Tom Twyford
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.