All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionUsing an invative storytelling style to bring cases and legal concepts to life, LEGAL ENVIRONMENT, 6E presents a full range of legal environment topics in a series of brief, quick-reading chapters. You see the relevance of legal issues to your own future career path with this book's unique emphasis on the business applications for each chapter's concepts. Expanded coverage highlights international law, employment discrimination and other legal topics of interest to you, including social media, techlogy, and cutting-edge intellectual property issues. Students who have used this book exclaim that it's the best textbook from their college experience, they don't want to stop reading and they had idea business law could be so interesting. To further ensure your understanding, this new edition also offers access to MindTap(R), a fully online, highly personalized learning experience built on Cengage Learning content that addresses today's legal environment.
- Author BiographyJeffrey F. Beatty was a two-time winner of the Beckwith Prize, Boston University's highest undergraduate teaching award. His research expertise included constitutional law, torts, contracts, and the uniform commercial code. In 1998, the Academy of Legal Studies in Business (ALSB) awarded him the Charles Hewitt Award for excellence in teaching, presented annually to one professor in the United States. The highest honor for teaching conferred by the ALSB, this award is dedicated to the communication and recognition of creative teaching practices of business law. Prior to his teaching, Professor Beatty worked for several years as a legal aid lawyer, concentrating on immigration law and general civil litigation. He also practiced in a private firm, where he concentrated on general civil litigation, including trials and appeals of tort, contract, employment, and property cases. Susan S. Samuelson is a tenured full professor in the School of Management at Boston University, where she has been awarded the Broderick Prize in recognition of outstanding teaching accomplishments. She teaches both law and ethics to undergraduates, graduate students, and executives. Professor Samuelson's research has focused on securities law and the management of lawyers (in both law firms and corporations). Her articles have appeared in the Boston University Law Review, Ohio State Law Journal, the Harvard Journal on Legislation and the Sloan Management View, among others. She practiced law in the corporate department of the law firm Choate, Hall, and Stewart. She earned both an AB and JD at Harvard University.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Beatty,Susan S. Samuelson
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1746 g
- Width224 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.