All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThe role and place of religion in Australia has become more contested and controversial in recent years. This important new book examines the extent to which religious freedom is protected in Australian law and explores some of the many ways in which the law and religion intersect. Through a series of case studies, Evans demonstrates the complex nature of the regulation of religion and the difficulties in reconciling competing claims from those who argue that religion is under attack and those who argue that religion is given too much power to undermine the rights of others. In a balanced and insightful manner, Evans explains the legal dimension to issues such as the religious vilification laws, the extent to which religious organizations are bound by discrimination laws, and the use of oaths in courtrooms. Evans brings together into a single volume, a wealth of information and insight that will appeal both to professional who need to deal with religious issues in a legal context and also the reader who is interested in the role of religion in Australian law and society.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Maree Evans Carolyn Evans is Dean and Harrison Moore Professor of Law at Melbourne Law School. She is an internationally acclaimed expert on freedom of religion or belief and has authored or edited numerous books, chapters and articles on these topics. She has spoken on religious freedom issues around the world, including in the United Kingdom, United States, China, Vietnam, Malaysia, Russia, Greece, and Nepal.
- Author(s)Carolyn Maree Evans
- PublisherFederation Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2012
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationAnnandale, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFederation Press
- Weight334 g
- Width135 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.