All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIndigeus Australians have given us some of our greatest football champions. With names like Farmer, Winmar, Long, Rioli and Goodes, the stories of Indigeus footballers are some of the most compelling in the great game of AFL. The journey for some has been one of great struggle and difficulty. For them, football was the only way out. This set of biographies uses the players' own descriptions of their lives, their careers and the people who helped them achieve success. While some of these players have shared experiences, for others the story was different. All are inspirational. From Farmer to McLeod, and Jackson to Matera, in the tradition of great Australian storytelling, these men's lives are great Australian stories about Aboriginal Football Legends!
- Author BiographyDr Sean Gorman is a Research Fellow at the Centre for Aboriginal Studies, Curtin University, Western Australia. He is the lead investigator on research into the AFL's vilification laws and policies. He has had a long relationship with many of the players. He is media savvy and has appeared on Good Morning Australia, 60 Minutes, The Marn Grook Footy Show, Radio National, Melbourne Writers Festival.
- Author(s)Sean Gorman
- PublisherAboriginal Studies Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2011
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationCanberra
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAboriginal Studies Press
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight358 g
- Width245 mm
- Height170 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.