Legends: The Best Players, Games, and Teams in Baseball: World Series Heroics! Greatest Homerun Hitters! Classic Rivalries! and Much, Much More! by Howard Bryant (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $14.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the LEGENDS series, Howard Bryant brings to life the best that sports has to offer the heroes, the bitter rivalries, the moments that every sports-loving kid should kw. Mike Lupica, #1 bestselling author of Travel Team, Heat, and Fantasy LeagueExperience baseball's most exciting moments, World Series heroics, greatest players, and more! Baseball, America's pastime, is a sport of moments that stand the test of time. It is equally a sport of a new generation of heroes, whose exploits inspire today's young fans. This combination makes for a winning debut inLegends: The Best Players, Games, and Teams in Baseball. This is traditional almanac of mundane statistics, but rather a storyteller's journey through baseball's storied game. Told in fun, accessible chapters and accompanied by iconic photos, a slew of Top Ten lists for kids to chew on and debate, and a Timeline of the 40 Most Important Moments in Baseball History, this collection covers some of the greatest players from Babe Ruth to Hank Aaron; the greatest teams to take the field and swing the bats; the greatest social triggers, such as Jackie Robinson's breaking of the color barrier; the greatest playoff rivalries, including the 2004 showdown between the Red Sox and Yankees that turned into an instant classic; and, of course, the edge-of-your-seat World Series moments that left some cheering while others wept.This is the perfect book for young fans eager to learn more about the sport that will stay with them for a lifetime. Praise for LEGENDS: An Amazon Best Book of the Month!* A terrific gathering of heroic hacks and legendary near misses. Kirkus Reviews, STARRED REVIEW * Each story is engaging and offers readers a glimpse into baseball s past and American history. [A] terrific addition to engage reluctant readers. School Library Connection, STARRED REVIEW [T]his is clearly a book for sports lovers. A strong choice for rounding out sports collections, this work kcks it out of the park. School Library Journal Any fan of baseball will enjoy this compilation . . .Fans of all ages will find this a useful guide; teachers might find this an interesting mentor text for a student reporting on a particular topic since the approach is unique. VOYA [T]his book will attract all manner of analysis and discussion among lovers of America s favorite pastime.Fans of other sports will cheer: this is only the first in a series devoted to sports. Booklist
- Author BiographyHoward Bryant(www.HowardBryant.net)is a multi-award-winning, bestselling author; sports journalist; and radio and television personality. He is the author ofShut Out: A Story of Race and Baseball in Boston;The Last Hero: A Life of Henry Aaron;andJuicing the Game. The only two-time winner of the prestigious Casey Award for baseball writing, Howard is also a senior writer for ESPN.com andESPN The Magazine, and appears frequently on ESPN's The Sports Reporters and on ESPN Radio. Follow@hbryant42
- Author(s)Howard Bryant
- PublisherPhilomel Books
- Date of Publication03/03/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPhilomel Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.