All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Children Act 1989, together with the Guidance and Regulations, makes constant reference to co-operation and consultation. These are seen as embodying different aspects of the principle of partnership. However, as many of the contributions to this book clearly show, the tion of partnership in the daily practice of child welfare and protection is elusive. As well as describing the various situations and settings in which the concept of partnership appears, this book takes an analytical and critical view. It analyses how the partnership principle is reflected in the law. It critically examines partnership between agencies, between child welfare professionals and children, and, finally, between child welfare professionals and parents. It brings together contributors from a number of different disciplines and partnership is analysed from a variety of theoretical and professional perspectives, including law, social work, psychoanalytic theory and social theory.
- Author BiographyFelicity Kaganas is Lecturer in the Law Department and Associate Director of the Centre for the Study of Law, the Child and the Family (CSLCF), Brunel University. Michael King is Professor Associate and Co-Director of the CSLCF, Brunel University. Christine Piper is Lecturer in the Law Department and Co-Director of the CSLCF, Brunel University.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/1995
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight290 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byChristine Piper,Felicity Kaganas,Michael King,etc.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.