All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionMoldanado was curious to learn why legumes were so overlooked in western diets compared to that of her native India. Her subsequent research turned up a number of misconceptions and inaccuracies as reasons for the prevailing lack of interest in them. This, in turn, let her to research legume-based diets in other parts of the world to ascertain what, if any, impact they had on health and disease in those locales. The information she accumulated was very enlightening-across the board it showed there were major advantages to be gained by adding legumes to the diet. From here it was a short step to sharing her discoveries and doing this to help improve people's health became the initial reason for her decision to write LEGUMES. The first five informative chapters discuss all the aspects of super-food legumes-their history, their food value, their health implications and which legumes are most commonly eaten around the world. The next two chapters encourage readers to participate in preparing and eating the legumes they've been learning about.
- Author BiographySwarna Moldanado has a Ph.D. in Nursing Science from the University of Illinois, Chicago and has taught nursing and public health at colleges and universities in Illinois and California. Besides having a number of articles on the topics of public health and research methods in peer-reviewed journals, she has been awarded grants for projects in her areas of expertise and, most particularly, in the public health sector.
- Author(s)Swarnalatha Moldanado
- PublisherBasic Health Publications
- Date of Publication28/02/2014
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationNorth Bergen,NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintBasic Health Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.