All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFrom its origins as a major Roman settlement to its current status as one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the UK, Leicester has a proud and distinctive identity. This extraordinary history is embodied in the buildings that have shaped the city. Leicester in 50 Buildings explores the history of this rich and vibrant community through a selection of its greatest architectural treasures. From the ancient Jewry Wall to the shiny and modern National Science Centre, this unique study celebrates the city's architectural heritage in a new and accessible way. Well-kwn local author Stephen Butt guides the reader on a tour of the city's historic buildings and modern architectural marvels. The churches, theatres, pubs and cinemas of Leicester's industrial heyday are examined alongside the invative buildings of a 21st century city.
- Author BiographyStephen Butt is a well known local historian, who presents a weekly local history programme on BBC Radio Leicester. He works in the broadcasting industry as a Senior Broadcast Journalist and holds degrees in Psychology and English Local History. Stephen is also an honorary press officer for the Leicestershire Victoria County History Trust, and the editor of the Leicestershire Archaeological and Historical Society newsletter. He has written many local interest titles for Amberley. He lives in Leicester.
- Author(s)Stephen Butt
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleIn 50 Buildings
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note100
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.