All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book investigates the social, architectural, and environmental history of sporting plantations in the South Carolina lowcountry and the Red Hills region of southeast Georgia and rthern Florida. By examining the two largest collections of sporting plantations in the New South, it explores questions about environmental change, recreation, race relations, and historical memory of slavery during the first half of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyDaniel Vivian is assistant professor and director of the Public History Program at the University of Louisville. Julia Brock is assistant professor and co-director of the Center for Public History at the University of West Georgia.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleNew Studies in Southern History
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note18 black & white illustrations, 4 tables
- Weight472 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDaniel Vivian,Julia Brock
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.