All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGone are the days of a crafter only having a single interest. Between Design*Sponge, Apartment Therapy, Pinterest, and thousands of gorgeous blogs, today's makers are constantly inspired to make things by hand. All a crafter really needs are inspirational examples and excellent step-by-step instructions and By Hand provides plenty of both. The concept for By Hand came about in 2009 when Lena turned the top floor of her Brooklyn brownstone into a studio and began to host an eclectic course of classes, such as machine-sewing, hand-embroidering, pickle-making and perfume-making. By Hand will include core techniques and projects for a wide array of crafts, from advanced screen-printing and dyeing techniques (which she teaches), to beginner's embroidery, braided rag rugs, knitted socks, simple sewn dresses, beaded and braided jewelry, toy-making, candle-making and soap-making (to name a few). Lena is highly regarded in the craft and design community as a tastemaker and for this book, Lena has acted as a curator, providing crafters with projects that she herself has found personally fascinating and has sought to learn over the years. For most of the projects, she turns to teachers, experts in their field, to walk crafters through the step-by-steps of each technique. Gorgeous photographs of the crafters in action will accompany lovely photos of finished projects.
- Author BiographyLena Corwin is a textile designer, illustrator, author, publisher, and teacher. She is the author of Printing By Hand and the illustrator for Kids Crochet and Kids Weaving (both STC Craft). Her blog, http://blog.lenacorwin.com, receives 77,000 page views per month. She has worked as a graphic and textile designer for Marithe + Francoise Girbaud, Calvin Klein and Jill Stuart, has designed textiles for Anna Sui, Trina Turk, Rebecca Taylor and Target and is designing a home goods line for Urban Outfitters which will be available April 2013.
- Author(s)Lena Corwin
- PublisherStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2013
- ImprintStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Content Note385 colour illustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width216 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.