All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLenin's Kisses is a brilliant vel about modern China. Blind, deaf, and disfigured, the 197 citizens of the Village of Liven enjoy a peaceful lifestyle, spared from the government's watchful eye. But when an unseasonal swstorm wipes out the grain crops, a county official convinces the villagers to set up a travelling freak-show showcasing their disabilities. With the money, he intends to buy Lenin's embalmed corpse from Russia and install it in a mausoleum in the mountains to attract tourism to the sleepy district. Lenin's Kisses is a rollicking tragicomedy with a cast of moving characters - a cautionary tale of the all-consuming desire for power and wealth from one of China's most respected and celebrated writers.
- Author BiographyYan Lianke is the author of the novels Serve the People! and Dream of Ding Village, which was shortlisted for the Man Asian Literary Prize. Lianke has won two of China's most prestigious literary awards: the Lu Xan Prize and the Lao She Award.
- Author(s)Yan Lianke
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication24/10/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintThe Text Publishing Company
- Weight658 g
- Width153 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $57.39
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.70Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $63.70
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.