All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection by some of the leading scholars of Strauss' work is the first devoted to Strauss' thought regarding education. It seeks to address his conception of education as it applies to a range of his most important concepts, such as his views on the importance of revelation, his critique of modern democracy, and the importance of modern classical education. This book attempts to maintain traditional scholarly standards in the hope of approaching both Strauss and his work in a dispassionate and objective manner. It contains both biographical as well as scholarly chapters aimed first and foremost at understanding the corpus of Strauss' work and also his significance as an educational thinker.
- Author BiographyJ. G. York is a doctoral candidate in the philosophy of education division of the Educational Policies Studies Department of the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Michael A. Peters is professor of education at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- PublisherFairleigh Dickinson University Press
- Date of Publication22/04/2011
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Place of PublicationCranbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFairleigh Dickinson University Press
- Weight444 g
- Width163 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJ. G. York,Michael A. Peters
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $67.92Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $42.49
- AU $18.56Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.95Trending at AU $53.03
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $27.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.