All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, by one of the most prominent interpreters of Leo Strauss's thought, was the first to address the problem that Leo Strauss himself said was the theme of his studies: the theologico-political problem or the confrontation with the theological and the political alternative to philosophy as a way of life. In his theologico-political treatise, which comprises four parts and an appendix, Heinrich Meier clarifies the distinction between political theology and political philosophy and reappraises the unifying center of Strauss's philosophical enterprise. The book is the culmination of Meier's work on the theologico-political problem. It will interest anyone who seeks to understand both the problem caused by revelation for philosophy and the challenge posed by political-religious radicalism. The appendix makes available for the first time two lectures by Strauss that are immediately relevant to the subject of this book and that will open the way for future research and debate on the legacy of Strauss.
- Author BiographyHeinrich Meier is Director of the Carl Friedrich von Seimens Foundation in Munich and Professor of Philosophy at the University of Munich. The author of seven books, including Carl Schmitt and Leo Strauss: The Hidden Dialogue and The Lesson of Carl Schmitt: Four Chapters on the Distinction between Political Theology and Political Philosophy , he is also the editor of Leo Strauss's collected writings. In 1997 he received the Peregrinus Prize from the Bavarian Academy of Sciences in recognition of outstanding work in the humanities and in 2005 was awarded the Leibniz Medal at the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences.
- Author(s)Heinrich Meier
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/12/2006
- Series TitleModern European Philosophy
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight310 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.