All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionLeonard Squirrell RWS RE (1893-1979), 'The Grand Old Man of East Anglian Painting', was kwn and loved by many people well outside the boundaries of East Anglia and admired by many more as an outstanding topographical artist. Ranked by many collectors and conisseurs with John Sell Cotman, Thomas Girtin, Philip Wilson Steer (who taught him) and other famous East Anglian artists, his works are t only eminently collectable but, as pointed out by Michael Weaver in his foreword, 'a remarkable record of the twentieth century world, rural and urban landscapes that have disappeared or are rapidly vanishing'. While the author's earlier titles on the artist were appropriate at the time of their publication in the 1980s and '90s, we feel that w is the right time to publish a larger format volume with more colour images so that Squirrell's paintings can speak for themselves. This volume will remind previous Squirrell admirers of his work and show a new generation of art lovers what Leonard Squirrell was and what he did.
- Author BiographyDespite an almost life-long enthusiasm for art and artists, Josephine Walpole initially bowed to parental pressure and qualified as an accountant. Some years on, she was able to change direction and for three years trained privately under the late Stuart Somerville, from whom she learnt not only to paint, but also much of the philosophy of art and artists. She subsequently ran her own gallery for over twenty years. Her first full- length work was Anna, a biography of Anna Zinkeisen, published in 1979. Eleven further books by her include Leonard Squirrell R.W.S., R.E.: A Biographical Scrapbook, Vernon Ward: An Edwardian Childhood, Art and Artists of the Norwich School, Kenneth Webb: A Life in Colour and A History and Dictionary of British Flower Painters 1650-1950.
- Author(s)Josephine Walpole
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication26/10/2011
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Art Books
- Content Note93 col., 66 b.&w. illustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width235 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.