Leonardo Da Vinci: Experience, Experiment, and Design by Martin Kemp, Mr Martin Kemp (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $87.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $77.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere, the world's leading authority on Leonardo da Vinci takes us to the heart of the Renaissance master's genius - his visual thinking. Probing the mystery of how da Vinci thought graphically, on paper, Martin Kemp traces t only his approach to modeling but also fascinating efforts by modern engineering to build his inventions. Could these inventions have worked? We see da Vinci visualizing mighty ideas from the arts of peace to the science of war - great visions of the earth, the mystery of mathematical proportion in the design of the universe, detailed observations on the motion of waters, and meticulous reconstructions of how heart valves function, as well as his flying machine, tank, and giant crossbow. No one ever used paper as a laboratory for thinking on the scale of Leonardo da Vinci. No one graced pages with such an impetuous cascade of observations, visualized thoughts, brainstormed alternatives, theories, polemics, and debates concerning virtually every branch of kwledge about the visible world. This lavishly illustrated and elegantly written book examines 200 extraordinary pages from da Vinci's tebooks, some virtually unkwn, to illuminate the most fundamental aspect of his work. Published on the occasion of an exhibition at London's Victoria and Albert Museum, Leonardo da Vinci: Experience, Experiment, and Design provides unrivaled insight into the workings of the artist's visual mind. Leonardo da Vinci never lost his sense of awe over the wonders of natural design. With this book, we can experience a comparable sense of awe when faced with the enduring grandeur and freshness of his vision.
- Author BiographyMartin Kemp is Professor of the History of Art at the University of Oxford. His numerous books include the biography Leonardo and The Oxford History of Western Art , and he is the originator of the Universal Leonardo project, which is generating exhibitions and events across Europe in 2006.
- Author(s)Martin Kemp,Mr Martin Kemp
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note190 color plates.
- Weight1971 g
- Width241 mm
- Height330 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.00Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $36.35
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.