All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGermany s critically acclaimed Georg Buchner s beloved play about love, humor, and humanity adapted by one of Switzerland s most hored writers brings this tremendous piece of literature to young audiences as never before. In a comedy of errors, two young people, Leonce of Popo and Princess Lena of Pipi, are destined to make their peace in an arranged marriage. Horrified at the thought of t kwing their betrothed, they flee, but upon a chance meeting they are love struck. Overwhelmed with emotion, Lena departs leaving Leonce distraught. But the King insists that a wedding take place royals or royals for the people who have waited tirelessly to see a ceremony. Cloaked in masks two young people are brought to the altar introduced as world famous robots an effigy of a royal wedding. But when the masks are removed Leonce and Lena are euphoric to see each other s identities. It s a joyful affair and the King retires, passing the reigning power to Leonce. Leonce turns the kingdom into a theatre and bans all clocks and calendars.
- Author BiographyKarl Georg Buchner (1813 1837) was a German dramatist and writer. Buchner's work is tremendously respected in Germany. His potential for greatness has been compared to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe and Friedrich Schiller.
- Author(s)Jurge Amman,Lisbeth Zwerger
- PublisherNorth-South Books
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth-South Books
- Content NoteFull Colour Throughout
- Weight531 g
- Width220 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $74.67
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.75
- AU $11.16Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.73
- AU $15.43Trending at AU $16.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.