Lesbians and Gays in Couples and Families: A Handbook for Therapists by John Wiley & Sons Inc (Hardback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $98.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $41.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book to focus on clinical work with lesbians and gays in family relationships This groundbreaking resource provides you with a wealth of fascinating research and case examples, as well as recommAndations and suggestions for working with gay couples and families. Joan Laird and Robert-Jay Green have gathered a distinguished panel of practitioners to create this comprehensive collection. The contributors address the experiences of lesbians and gay men as couples and as parents?and examine their relationships with the families in which they were raised.
- Author BiographyJOAN LAIRD is professor of social work at the Smith College School for Social Work, where she is chair of the Human Behavior in the Social Environment sequence. She is a co--founder of and for many years was on the staff of Ann Arbor Center for the Family, a family therapy clinical, training, and research institute. Co--author with Ann Hartman of Family--Centered Social Work Practice, she has written and presented widely on women's stories, rituals, and secrets. Her most recent book is titled Revisioning Social Work Education: A Social Constructionist Approach. In the last few years, her scholarship has focused on lesbian families. ROBERT--JAY GREEN is professor and coordinator of Family--Child Psychology at the California School of Professional Psychology, Berkeley/Alameda. He has published widely in the field of family therapy, including two co--authored books, Family Therapy: Major Contributions (1981) and Voices of Women Family Therapists (in press). Dr. Green is on the board of directors of the American Family Therapy Academy, is a fellow of APA and AAMFT, and serves on the editorial boards of Family Process, Journal of Marital and Family Therapy and Cultural Diversity and Mental Health.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/05/1996
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight842 g
- Width180 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byJoan Laird,Robert-Jay Green
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $40.04Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $101.89Trending at AU $118.99
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.