Lesson Ideas and Activities for Young Children with Autism and Related Special Needs: Activities, Apps & Lessons for Joint Attention, Imitation, Play, Social Skills & More from Autismclassroom.com by S B Linton (Paperback / softback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $29.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives starting points and beginning places for creating meaningful activities for pre-school and elementary-aged students with autism and related special needs. The themes addressed in the book are Colors, Numbers & Shapes, Fall (Sub-theme: All About Me), Winter (Sub-theme: Winter Holidays), Spring, Summer (Sub-theme: Camping & Going to the Zoo), Transportation and Mobile Apps. Each chapter has a list of activities that address some of the skills that are sometimes the most challenging for some individuals with autism. Each theme's unit provides activity ideas specific to the following areas: Joint Attention, Imitation Skills, Communication, Self-Help Skills, Independent Skills, Pre-Vocational Skills, Social Skills, Play Skills, Sensory Involvement, Basic Concept Mastery, Vocabulary/Literacy, Fine Motor, and Gross Motor. Also included at the end of each chapter is an Implementation Tip related to one of the suggested activities. Sample lesson plans for classroom routines and procedures are provided as well. The newly added Apps chapter highlights ten educational apps in each skill area. The highlighted apps can be easily incorporated into lessons and activities for young children.
- Author BiographyS. B. Linton has worked with children with autism for over 10 years. She has a Master's Degree in Teaching Students with Severe Disabilities and a Graduate Certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorders from The Johns Hopkins University. Linton is the also the author of the books How to Set Up a Classroom for Students with Autism, How to Set Up a Work Area at Home for a Child with Autism, Functional Behavior Assessment and Behavior Intervention Plans e-book and the developer of the mobile apps, Autism Classroom, Classroom Set Up, Autism at Home, Teens with Autism & Developmental Delays, and Behavior Support for Autism & Special Education. She runs the AutismClassroom.com website which provides resources, information and mobile apps about autism. She currently works as an Autism Instructional Specialist and consults with school teams in matters related to teaching students with autism.
- Author(s)S B Linton
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width198 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.