All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLesson Study has been actively introduced from Japan to various parts of the world, starting with the US. Such introduction is heavily connected with a focus on mathematics education and there is a strong misconception that Lesson Study is only for mathematics or science. The introduction is usually done at the departmental or form level and there has been a strong question about its sustainability in schools. This book comprehensively explores the idea of Lesson Study for Learning Community (LSLC) and suggests that reform for the culture of the school is needed in order to change learning levels among the children, teachers and even parents. In order for this to happen, the ways of management and leadership are also included as objectives of LSLC, as are practices at the classroom level. It argues that LSLC is a comprehensive vision and framework of school reform and needs to be taken up in a holistic way across disciplines. Chapters include: * How to Create Time * How to Build the Team * How to Promote Reform * How to Reform Daily Lessons * How to Conduct a Research Lesson * How to Discuss Observed Lessons * How to Sustain School Reform based on LSLC Strong interest in LSLC is already prevalent in Asian countries, such as Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Vietnam and Singapore and is w being introduced more in the west. This book will be of great interest to those involved in education policy and reform, and for practitioners of education at all levels.
- Author BiographyEisuke Saito is an assistant professor in the department of Curriculum, Teaching and Learning at the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Masatsugu Murase is an educational consultant with the Azabu Institute ofEducation. Prior to that, he was a lecturer and associate professor at Shinshu University, Japan. Atsushi Tsukui is a researcher at the International Development Center of Japan. He has also worked in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand and the Philippines. John Yeo is a lecturer in the department of Curriculum, Teaching and Learning at the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Author(s)Atsushi Tsukui,Eisuke Saito,John Yeo,Masatsugu Murase
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 3 black & white halftones, 6 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.