All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe college years can be some of the most vibrant and transformative in an individual's life, but they are also fraught with uncertainty. The resident advisor or assistant (RA) t only confronts these decisions for him or herself but must also help his or her residents navigate the world of important decisions which the undergraduate experience presents. Lessons Learned is the definitive volume for training RAs to become comfortable with their roles as student leaders. Over four dozen common RA mistakes are discussed, chapter-by-chapter, in the form of individual letters written by experienced RAs to new staff members. Each chapter includes thought-provoking discussion questions, a list of internet and media resources, and additional tips related to each situation. Now in its second edition, this updated volume provides a new overview of student developmental theory and covers a host of new topics, including evolving thought on 21st century predicaments such as social media, texting and the Internet. This is an important text for beginning and experienced RAs, as well as for the university staff who train these crucial pillars of the university community.
- Author BiographyJohn D. Foubert, PhD, began his career in residence life as an RA at the University of Richmond, where he was assigned to the most difficult floor in the wildest hall on campus. He has worked for over two decades as an administrator and professor at several colleges and is the president of One in Four, a nonprofit organization dedicated to rape-prevention programming.
- Author(s)John D. Foubert
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/07/2013
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.