All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy have the neoliberal ecomic programs, aimed at transforming Eastern Europe to a market ecomy and democracy since 1989, t only experienced unanticipated difficulties, but more importantly failed to achieve their expected progress? Dr. Ladislav Rusmich and Dr. Stephen M. Sachs offer a comprehensive and critical study that examines this specific question and concludes that the cultural and institutional conditions created by communism must be overcome in order to critique previous policies and propose a better direction. Drawing on the experiences of Dr. Rusmich, who for many years was an important participant in the communist ecomic apparatus, and who is also among the leaders attempting to reform it during the Prague Spring of 1968, this work corrects common misconceptions among mainstream ecomists about the workings of communist ecomies. Lessons from the Failure of the Communist Ecomic System is a first-hand expert account that provides useful ecomic lessons, applicable to the first world, concerning such topics as the role of power in the ecomy, mopoly, bureaucracy, market culture and ethics to name a few.
- Author BiographyStephen M. Sachs is a professor in the Department of Political Science at Indiana University, Purdue University, Indianapolis. Ladislav Rusmich has served in numerous industrial, economic, and administrative position in Czechoslovakia, including Vice-Governor of the Czechoslovakia State Bank and economist at the Czech National Bank.
- Author(s)Ladislav Rusmich,Stephen M. Sachs
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication28/02/2004
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width177 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.