Lessons in Language (Classic Reprint) by California State Board of Education (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Lessons in Language Oral Language Lessons. - The study of Language by means of conversational lessons should be the first school work. Through this, the teacher gains the children's love and confidence, as well as a kwledge of individuals which thing else gives. The little ones are at first timid. Talk with them, t to them, about the interesting things of home life with which they are familiar. Their toys, their pets, and their games can at first be taken, the teacher by her enthusiasm and interest encouraging the timid, and winning the hearts of the unruly. Do t attempt to impart kwledge, but simply have the children tell what they already kw. Remember that your first work is to lead them to talk freely and fluently. To accomplish this, do t criticise errors of speech, or confuse them by interrupting or demanding complete sentences. Occasionally restate pleasantly and ubtrusively, in correct language, what has t been well stated. The chief reason why children are so universally reticent in expressing their thoughts at school, is because accuracy has been made to precede fluency, and the fear of t saying things in the right way keeps the child from saying them in any way. Tact and a clear appreciation of the main object to be attained will make this work t only invaluable as language teaching, but an auxiliary to all other teaching and training. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)California State Board of Education
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.