All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe National Curriculum for 2014 places an emphasis on encouraging children to read for pleasure and to be able to discuss what they have read in order to effectively demonstrate secure comprehension skills. How do trainee teachers meet the needs of more able readers in this? What does a good KS2 reading lesson look like? This text provides exemplar lessons in reading for more able pupils in KS2 and uses them as a starting point for learning. It explores the theory behind good lessons, what makes them good and how they can be adapted to suit different classes and different schools. The first chapters explore the theory and learning behind good teaching of reading. Readers are asked to re-consider why reading is taught and what we mean by comprehension. The book goes on to provide 10 exemplar lessons in reading, giving full details of how to plan for and resource the lessons. Throughout, tutor commentary opens up the lesson plans to explore the theory behind them. The book is accompanied by a companion website offering additional online resources.
- Author BiographySuzanne Horton is subject leader for Primary English at the University of Worcester and teaches on a range of postgraduate and undergraduate modules. She is currently involved in the Lifelong Readers Project in cooperation with a number of European partners, funded with support from the European Commission. Louise Beattie is Senior Lecturer in Secondary English at the University of Worcester. Branwen Bingle is Senior Lecturer in Primary Education at the University of Worcester. In addition to her lecturing role, Branwen is currently working on doctoral research into children's literature and its potential influence on professional identity construction/aspiration.
- Author(s)Branwen Bingle,Louise Beattie,Suzanne Horton
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication13/07/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLessons in Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight292 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.