All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn just 2.5 hours of focused video tutorials, Advanced Lessons in Typography: Learn by Video helps graphic designers master the creation of a wide spectrum of brilliantly effective contemporary typographic solutions. Jim Krause covers creative techniques for all stages of typography design, from initial brainstorming and sketching to development and fine-tuning. He walks through projects including letterform customization, decorative character add-ons, word-graphic design, logotypes, custom typeface development, the creation of hand-drawn typographic components, and the aesthetic fine-tuning of text areas within layouts. Throughout, Krause demonstrates the use of appropriate tools, ranging from digital software and hardware to pencils, pens, brushes, ink, paint, sketch pads, and tracing paper. Krause's engaging and enlightening lessons draw on his immense experience instructing designers in more than two dozen books and video products. Whether you're a new or intermediate-level graphic designer, Advanced Lessons in Typography: Learn by Video will empower you to create unique, contemporary typographic solutions for logos, layouts, illustrations, and much more. The video is wrapped in a unique interface that allows you to jump to any topic and also bookmark individual sections for later review. The unique Watch and Work mode shrinks the video into a small window to allow you to work alongside as you view the video. Project files used in the lessons are included on the disc so you can practice what you've learned. At the end of every lesson, you can test your kwledge by taking interactive quizzes. Duration: 2.5 hours User Level: Beginning/Intermediate Closed-Captioning in English System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.6, Microsoft Windows XP, or higher 2 GHz processor or higher 4 GB RAM or higher 1 GB free HD space (does t include lesson files) Please Note: * This DVD-ROM can be viewed only on your computer. It will t play in a DVD-Video player software or a DVD set-top player.
- Author BiographyJim Krause has worked as a designer and illustrator since 1982. His clients have included Microsoft, Boeing, Seattle Schools, Washington Apples, and dozens of others. Krause is the author of the books within the Creative Core series, and is widely known for his best-selling Index titles (Color Index, Idea Index, Design Basics Index, and several others). When he's not working, Jim Krause can usually be found riding a bicycle or a motorcycle, hiking, drinking good espresso, reading, taking pictures, or doing an art project of some kind.
- Author(s)Jim Krause
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeachpit Press Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight80 g
- Width135 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.