All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough difficult to imagine, sixty years ago the Holocaust had practically visibility in examinations of the Second World War. Yet today it is understood to be t only one of the defining moments of the twentieth century but also a touchstone in a quest for directions on how to avoid such catastrophes. In Lessons of the Holocaust, the distinguished historian Michael R. Marrus challenges the tion that there are definitive lessons to be deduced from the destruction of European Jewry. Instead, drawing on decades of studying, writing about, and teaching the Holocaust, he shows how its lessons are constantly challenged, debated, altered, and reinterpreted. A succinct, stimulating analysis by a world-rewned historian, Lessons of the Holocaust is the perfect guide for the general reader to the historical and moral controversies which infuse the interpretation of the Holocaust and its significance.
- Author BiographyMichael R. Marrus is the Chancellor Rose and Ray Wolfe Professor Emeritus of Holocaust Studies and the former dean of the School of Graduate Studies at the University of Toronto. Margaret MacMillan is the Warden of St Antony's College and a professor of International History at the University of Oxford.
- Author(s)Michael R. Marrus
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication07/01/2015
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleUTP Insights
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Weight320 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byMargaret MacMillan
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.