All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn June 28, 1987, four Dallas-based Christian leaders were killed in an airplane crash as they were returning from a Focus on the Family retreat in Montana: George L. Clark, chairman of the board and CEO of MBank; Dr. Trevor E. Mabery, a surgeon who helped found Humana Hospital-Medical City; Hugo W. Schoelkopf III, an entrepreneur and sporting goods manufacturer; and Creath Davis, founder and director of Christian Concern Foundation. Among the losses their families shared, Creath's wife, Verdell, also lost part of her identity: No longer was she a pastor's wife, and longer was she sure what she believed. This deeply moving book, gleaned from parts of journals that she kept during the loss of her husband, offers a source of hope and healing for anyone experiencing grief. With remarkable honesty, courage, and generosity, she shares how to examine grief and ultimately find healing in the process.
- Author BiographyVerdell Davis is not only an accomplished author and speaker, but also a long-time educational consultant. Before penning her timeless classic Let Me Grieve But Not Forever, she was the headmistress of a private Christian school. She has also served on the boards of several organizations, including trustee Howard Payne University, and is currently on the board of SonScape Ministries and Caring People Network. Since leaving the field of education, she has spent time writing and speaking at Focus on the Family's Pastors' Wives Gathering, Praise Gathering with Bill and Gloria Gaither, and many other conferences, retreats, and seminars nationwide. After being widowed for fifteen years, Davis married the second love of her life, Bill Krisher, in 2002.
- PublisherWord Publishing,US
- Date of Publication17/11/2004
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2004
- ImprintWord Publishing,US
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.