All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionProvence, May 1889. The hospital of Saint-Paul-de Mausole is home to the mentally ill. An old monastery, it sits at the foot of Les Alpilles mountains amongst wheat fields, herbs and olive groves. For years, the fragile have come here and lived quietly, found rest behind the shutters and high, sun-baked walls. Tales of the new arrival - his savagery, his paintings, his copper-red hair - are quick to find the warden's wife. From her small white cottage, Jeanne Trabuc watches him - how he sets his easel amongst the trees, the irises and the fields of wheat, and paints in the heat of the day. Jeanne kws the rules; she kws t to approach the patients at Saint-Paul. But this man - paint-smelling, dirty, troubled and intense - is, she thinks, worth talking to. So igring her husband's wishes, the dangers and despite the word mad, Jeanne climbs over the hospital wall. She will find that the painter will change all their lives. Let Me Tell You About A Man I Knew is a beautiful vel about the repercussions of longing, of loneliness and of passion for life. But it's also about love - and how it alters over time.
- Author BiographySusan Fletcher was born in 1979 in Birmingham. She is the author of the bestselling Eve Green, winner of the Whitbread First Novel Award; Oystercatchers and Witch Light.
- Author(s)Susan Fletcher
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight400 g
- Width224 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.