All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe debate over women preachers has raged for centuries, but the argument has t been-and probably will t be-resolved. This book is t an addendum to that dispute. It is, however, an attempt to show some of the difficulties lady ministers have overcome to answer God's call to proclaim His Word. The International Pentecostal Holiness Church, from its inception, has recognized women by admitting them to pulpits and allowing them to pastor churches. Lady ministers have also served successfully as evangelists and missionaries. However, the leadership of the demination at a Solemn Assembly in 1996 ackwledged that the church had withheld from women places of hor and desired to release them to serve in leadership roles. Historically, women have gained ground only to lose it again, and even in our twenty-first century society, some still refuse to let God's handmaids speak.
- Author(s)Jeraldine T. Posey D.Min.
- PublisherWestbow Press
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationNashville, TN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestbow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight557 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.